Thursday, May 29, 2008

Oops

Today on my way to the train station I passed a store and caught a glimpse of the sign. The name of the store was “Isratool.” I thought, hmm, is this a hardware store? I read the next line, I thought it said something about selling cats (in Hebrew, cat is chatool, which would explain the name of the store). The next line, however, threw me off: “One time use,” which basically amounts to “disposable.” Now, I know Israel has a problem with their cats, but a store selling them for one time use?? That’s just inhumane. However, once I re-read the store name, everything became clear. The word for “diapers” is just one letter off from the word for “cats” (diaper: chitool). I’ll miss these moments of pointless confusion.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

best. entry. ever.